Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Peruvian / Argentian Sauce for Steak


In Argentinian cooking, it's called Chimichurri. My neighbor is from Argentina, and I've had it many times with Argentinian BBQ. It's an amazing sauce, but I wanted to try a variation that used less liquid, more garlic, and possibly a cross-over with the Peruvian green sauce known as Aji Verde (I mean of the consistency, not of the taste).

Anyway, this is excellent with steak.

1 bunch parsley
8 cloves garlic
a little white vinegar
a little water
salt

Blend or process until liquid. Keep in mind that this sauce will start to separate into a frothy top if you don't use it right away, so use it right away and well mixed.

Here's a use on my flank steak.










~ Brock

1 comment:

Auntie G said...

I brought a chimichurri bottle back from Argentina...love it! I will try your variation that I'm sure to love as well:)