Search This Blog

Monday, September 8, 2008

Crispy Chicken on Cold Pasta with Pomegranate Vinaigrette

Granted, something with a red-pink tint probably looks more fitting on a donut than pasta, but I had to take a chance.

While walking the other day, I noticed a pomegranate tree FULL of the fruit. I snatched a few and headed home. I thought about making a vinaigrette, but didn't feel like eating a salad. Hmmm....chicken...pasta...ok, how about this one.

Take some chicken breasts (slice into the size you see above) or buy 'tenders.' Salt and pepper generously. Take 2 slices of bread into processor and make bread crumbs. Smash the crumbs into your chicken. Heat 2 - 3 Tsp oil in a pan and fry on medium heat until golden brown and crispy...maybe 5 minutes per side.

Meanwhile, drop some angel hair pasta into boiling water and cook according to your notes. When it's done, run under cold water until the noodles are cold or drop into ice water then drain.

Pull some fresh basil off your bush and pound it with the back of your knife, then slice it up. Also toast a handful of pine nuts for a couple of minutes (don't burn them).

Find your favorite vinaigrette recipe and replace the citrus in it with fresh pomegranate juice. For mine, I used an orange juicer and made about 2 cups of juice. I drank whatever I didn't use in the dressing.

Enjoy,

Brock

No comments: