Search This Blog

Monday, September 28, 2009

Artisanal Pizzas




I've seen the pictures; I've tasted the goods. You can't just continue buying CPK and hoping to enjoy your evening. If you really want a good pizza, make it yourself. But yeah, yeah, I know you don't want to deal with the dough. Trader Joes offers you a simple solution - cold pizza dough ready for use. You no longer have an excuse for the best pizza money can buy...your own.

So the other night Tammy and I wanted to make some. It's a simple breakdown, but here's what we used:

shrimp (salt & pepper)
feta cheese
red onion
pesto
crushed red peppers
olives
cherry, plumb or other small tomatoes
Artichoke hearts

Of course, you can always build your own with whatever you want, but I think the key to making it unique, tasty and worth the effort is to avoid the things you would normally do when you go out.

~ Brock

No comments: