Search This Blog

Monday, September 1, 2008

Spicy Mint Peach Sauce

So my neighbors ask my wife and I over for dinner. Like usual, it's Argentinian BBQ and empanadas. My neighbor's mom says she'll make Chimichurri and she's a great cook. I want to add a little something of my own so I decide to make a sauce using peaches and some fresh peppers from my back yard. A big mistake I made not taking a picture of this one. It was perfect with Argentinian BBQ and empanadas.

Take 8 cloves of garlic, skins still on, and roast in dry pan for about 3 - 4 minutes, shaking often. Remove, peel, and dice. Drop into a bowl.
Dice 1 large peach and drop into the bowl with garlic.
Dice 2 red chiles (or one serano, or whatever you like depending on your spice comfort level). Drop them bad boys into the bowl too.
Sqeeze the juice from 2 or 3 limes into your bowl.
Take about 1 TSP of cumin and heat it in your dry pan until it smells good...maybe 2 minutes. Don't burn it. Take it out, grind it in your mortar and drop it in your bowl with everything else.
Take a small soup pot and add about 1/2 Cup or more of olive oil. Add about the same amount of water. Turn on the heat. Add your bowl full of goods. Turn up the heat towards a boil. Add fresh cracked pepper and salt to taste. Boil the mixture, then simmer it for about 4 minutes. During this time, chop up a mean handful of fresh mint and drop it in the pot. Stir well and stir often.

Pour it all into a bowl. You can pour it straight over your meat or empanadas. It's awesome!

Enjoy,

Brock

No comments: