Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ten Ren...Again


I've had boba drinks all over the world. True, the best I've had was boba milk tea in a plastic bag in Taiwan, but as far as the States go, Ten Ren is my choice. But, you can't think that all Ten Ren places are created equal - they're not!

If you must get the absolute best tea from the absolute best location, you must visit the location in Rowland Heights on Colima Road. The location on Fullerton Road immediately off the 60 Freeway is somewhat easier to find and they also have a full restaurant (the Coliman Road location only does snacks and drinks), but they don't make the drinks as well. You might get too sweet or too watered down. It's really inconsistent. The LA Chinatown location is pretty nasty. The Riverside location - haven't been there in years, but I think I recall it was decent.

When you visit the Colima Road location check for Andy, Jerry, or Max. They hit home runs every time. In fact, Jerry created a special drink that I only know as "Jerry's Special" - it's a coffee milk tea with black sugar. Don't tell Jerry I said this, but Max recently made it better than Jerry, so I've secretly changed the name to "Max's Special." The rest of the gang in there is really good, but if the person behind the counter looks timid to make you're drink, you're gambling with your life.

I suggest:
Passion Fruit Green Tea
Mango Kumquat Green Tea
Boba Milk Tea
Boba Green Milk Tea
"Jerry's Special" or "Max's Special" (tell them Brock sent you)

As for snacks, try the toast.

~ Brock

No comments: