Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Music Reviews - 5 Picks

If you're wondering what my reviews are all about, it's about finding you good music to enjoy. Stuff you probably haven't heard. Not necessarily tomorrow's stars...just some good tunes I found for you.

Think of me as your filter:

David Serby is one of those bands that is clean cut, fun and reminds you of better times (unless you're my age, then it reminds you of what you think might have been better times for your grandma). I don't want to hear any, "but I don't like country music"...that's just plain silly. Just grab your gal and swing her to the left. (Country/Americana)

I was partial to Albert King when I found him, because he's from the High Desert. He's only got one song up on Myspace, which is very disappointing, but you'll enjoy it. Typical blues with a snort of gospel, and a voice to match. (Blues)

Metric-Metric-Metrick caught me off guard. Suzzane Vega-ish, '80's-sh, fresh-ish, and progressive. I like it. You'll like it. (Electronica/Pop)

Little Willie G ain't so little. A little Bryan McNight, a little Stray Cats with and some straight up...is that Samba? I don't know, but he's not bad. (Gospel/R&B)

If you're part of the Abercrombie and Fitch set, you will like Lovers Make Liars. One of the few types of music I actually hate...with a passion...but I'm well-rounded, so check em out: Lovers Make Liars. (Pop)

Enjoy!

~ Brock

No comments: