Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Culinary Adventures in Orange County

Maybe you wouldn't guess, but I'm not big on laying down a lot of green for good food. Maybe it's the Barstow in me, or maybe it's the TVP I grew up on - there's just something about expensive restaurants that piss me off. It kills me to pay so much for food. Some of my friends like to wine and dine on c-notes, and that's just not me. I'd be happier spending under $10 on some good noodles and boba. It's not that I don't like the food, mind you. It's the philosophy of spending too much money on it. To each his (or her) own.

Well, I couldn't say no when a friend gave me a gift card to French 75 (part of the Culinary Adventures crew). Tammy and I were excited to check it out, and with our friend watching Tristen for a few hours, we were off.

I had duck and Tammy had scallops. Both were excellent. The portions surprised me too, because I left feeling like a stuffed turkey (but maybe that had to do with the appetizers and souffle, but who knows).

Anyway, to you folks that don't mind $$$$ on dinner, check it out. A great night out.

Brock

No comments: