Search This Blog

Monday, December 15, 2008

Music Review - Jurassic 5

Sometimes it's nice to enjoy a band that's like wine...not a Beaujolais, but a cab...something that's been around a while, maturing with age. That's Jurassic 5 to me. I get a scent of my high school days with Cool Moe Dee, Run DMC, and the like, but they're still fresh; relevant today. Check em out when you get a chance. I've been listening maybe 6 or 7 years - I've come and gone, but always come back to em. I'm kind of that way with Common too- he's another one you gotta try.

Guys like Lil Wayne, T-Pain and all them might be hot right now - especially hot considering they're actually selling music in this mess, but I wonder where they'll be in 10 years. My guess is that Common and J5 will still be dropping it. Lil Wayne? I doubt it. He found a gimmick and it took. That gimmick won't last, and I don't think he'll grow out of it.

As long as Common's acting doesn't get to his head, and as long as J5 can still make enough money to keep going, they'll both still hit it right.

~ Brock

No comments: