Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Music Pics (I'm On the Fence) - 12/23/08

I'll be honest with you...I listen to a lot of music. I love it. It moves me. Good music. Bad music. Great music. I'll try it all. Another tidbit- most of it sucks. A few artists, songs or whatever come along and captivate me, but that's few and far between. Of 100 artists, I maybe like 10, and maybe only 1 of those is even really good. But that's just me.

Here are three I'm not too sure about...

Malbec (Dawn of Our Age): They're interesting. I've heard it before, but then I haven't. Certainly reminds me of my coming of age days, so that's always a plus. Easy to listen to, but then nothing overwhelming. One of those you keep in stock...for those in between times.

Jaime Record (Rocket): Been around Jaime's music for years. When she used her real last name. When she sang backup or whatever. Now she went P/K/A on us. She's got a great voice. Songs are decent. The old school team is in play. But is that Jewel I hear? No, but too close for comfort.

Joe Purdy (Canyon Joe): Though my Facebook status said I was starting to fall for Joe, that was on the first round of the second song. Then came the third song. Then the forth. Then the fifith. And so on. His music certainly started to move me. Original (or should I say classic) singer/songwriter fare. It's nice. But it gets boring, I must say. I hate to say it, but it does.

Check em out, players.

~ Brock

No comments: